My favourite places in London

Leave a Comment
Now I don't live in London but I definitely treat it as my second home. I just love discovering parts of London, every time I seem to wander into a new area. Here's a list of places where I love to hang out when I'm there.


#1 Islington 
I've only just recently discovered Islington and I haven't done too much exploring there. I've stayed over in an apartment here and I'd describe it as an elegant and vibrant area. Take a walk on Upper Street which is lined with shops, pubs and restaurants. I'd recommend The Vineyard, they do amazing pizzas and why not get a pitcher of Pimm's on a sunny day and sit in the beer garden. If you fancy a night out afterwards there's also the O2 Academy.
We passed through Angel (near angel tube station) which I loved for it's quirky and exciting atmosphere with the array of shops and restaurants. My only regret was not checking out Camden passage just off Upper Street which is full of vintage antique shops along with cafe's and restaurants. (I really want to try Issy's Milky Way). We did manage to dine at Five Guys which is an American diner, they do amazing burgers and you get to choose from numerous toppings and an overwhelming amount of drink flavours to choose from. Coming back we went to Cybercandy which is an international sweet shop, I mainly hovered around the Japanese sweets as I always do. But they have some great treats that would make lovely souvenirs.

#2 Oxford Street
All I can say is SHOPS, SHOPS & MORE SHOPS. This is usually my first stop in London and I'm not really a huge shopper but I always find myself wandering into Urban Outfitters with it's four floors (I think) then into Topshop (I don't remember how many floors this has but it's a lot). New Look is another favourite and the huge Primark.
KIKO an Italian brand make-up store which I haven't been into yet but I did go into two in Italy (Livorno and Florence) and it's definitely one of my favourite make-up brands.

#3 Soho
This is my favourite place to hang out at night as it's great for entertainment and experiencing different types of food. Whenever I go with my mum we always stop to eat at Jerk City which makes the most amazing Caribbean food. If you're a fan of bubble tea try out Bubbleology which has a science lab theme, my favourite flavour is Taro (kind of tastes like oreos.) End the night with dessert and indulge in frozen yoghurt at Snog, when I first saw the setting of this place I was in awe and gazed at the illuminating LED lights which suspend from the ceiling. This is a great hang out place to chill out and watch the world go by outside.There is so much more in Soho that I want to explore so I will definitely try to do that on my next trip.

#4 Chinatown
If you're really into you're bubble tea and want to try a wider variety of flavours, try Boba Jam and Cuppacha. If you're like me and you're obsessed with international beauty products (should probably write a post about that) in particular asian beauty products stroll down Newport Court to find P2bus, the sign isn't in English so look out for a small pink building with a yellow sign. There's also Chinatown Market which has a range of products and will keep you busy for a while.


#5 Camden
The first stop is obviously Camden Market, the last time I went was on a Sunday and I spent forever at each stall which caught my eye. I bought two beautiful dresses and spotted some shoes that I loved but they didn't have my size (I ended up purchasing them online). For quirky shoes and accessories go to Irregular Choice store. To fulfil my vintage and quirky clothing needs I go to Lily J. London, I first discovered them at the Clothes Show Live and I'm always guaranteed to buy something when I visit their store, I literally can not resist. I also like to shop in Punky Fish and American Apparel, however I don't visit these stores very often. If you fancy going outside of Camden and want to see animals go to ZSL London zoo which is very easy to get lost in (we got lost trying to find the exit) but still absolutely fascinating.


#6 Leicester square
Leicester Square is stunning at night time with all the lights and it's the place to be for entertainment. If you're a big fan of chocolate, M&M's world is the one for you! 3 floors of chocolatey goodness and be sure to take part in the quiz that sees which flavour you are. There's also a variety of cinemas such as Odeon, Vue & Empire and if you see a huge swarm of people there's likely to be a movie premier going on. It's definitely the place to be for theatres and restaurants!

Ah! London, I do love you :)

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig